Monday, December 17, 2012

Oh, the painting...

Finally! As of today, the egg nog color is gone from most of the walls! I selected "Bunny Gray" as my neutral. "Silver Chain" is on the opposite side of the big wall because the light from that side washed out the lighter gray. Here we see Mom and Paul enjoying a yellow-less atmosphere!





I had picked out "Gypsy Pink" for an accent wall in my dining room. Wow, is it bright. And lovely. The rest of the walls I left their original tan color. Love it!







I was waffling about the wall that borders the living room and kitchen. The painter offered to throw a swatch up on it, and the swatch was huuuuuuuuuuuuge... On a whim, I said go ahead and paint the whole wall with it and I am glad I did!




Now we just have to replace the wood around the fireplace with slate. That wall is going to be "gunmetal." Waiting for our handyman Carlos for that one... but it is important! Once that is installed, we can start putting the furniture in the house. Here are some more views of what will be the library that we've decided to leave as-is, except the silver chain wall which is already painted.









There are several gray walls that still need a second coat. The foyer and the upstairs are waiting for their first coat. Still unsure about a color for the foyer, thinking of orange.

Can't wait to be settled! This is driving me nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment