Friday, December 21, 2012

It's DONE!

The stress of color selection is FINALLY over! We can start the REAL moving process! We decided to defer replacing the wood with stone only because we wouldn't be able to get it fixed for a while and wanted the far wall painted. Love the gunmetal!


 These doors and the trim for the back doors to the outside will be black eventually.




I had a really hard time choosing the color for the foyer, especially since I was pressed for time. I wanted either a subdued magenta, an orange, a pinky color, or a coral. I had a million paint chips, so I held a deathmatch between each category and then pitted the rest against one another. Didn't want pink since I already had pink walls, didn't like the look of the pure oranges, thought the magenta would be too much magenta because I am going to use that color in the library for accents, so my coral, "Hot Spice" won! It looks prettier in the daytime but I like it either way.







This is the master bedroom. It's the same color as in our old bedroom. I just can't quit you, "Scandanavian Blue."



Love the change to the bathroom! It looks even smaller now, but far less yellow and blah. I plan on doing a stencil in gold and white on the ceiling that will look lovely! Took the fecal phone down also. Phone directly in front of the toilet?! What the hell.





LOVE this blue! It's called "Evening Blue" or Tardis Blue, as I like to call it. I'm going to be using yellow accents down here, and will be hanging a bunch of stuff on the walls. Someday this will be a nice movie room. Let's hope the cats don't do anything to ruin it in the meantime. 





So tomorrow we head to Ikea to get a sofa bed. My friends Jenn, JP, and Nick are coming over New Year's Eve and I don't want them to have to drive back home. Can't wait for that. Just means the pressure is on for us to get our own furniture in here! Bananas.



No comments:

Post a Comment